An educational organization is seeking a Senior Accountant. This position will provide an advanced accounting assistance and direction for all areas of the business office and university, as needed. This person will also actively participate in month-end closing, financial statement preparation and the annual audit.
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Verify accuracy of data for AR, AP and payroll.
- Perform complex accounting reconciliations as assigned and within prescribed deadlines.
- Prepare statements and reports as needed for AR, AP, Payroll and General Ledger.
- Review and approve invoices and expense reports, following up with the applicable departments to clarify discrepancies and ensure coding accuracy.
Minimum Qualifications are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and the majority of the coursework being completed with a US institution and a minimum of 2-3 years of related GL experience required.
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP and financial reporting required; experience consolidating foreign operations is highly desirable.
- 2-year supervisory or lead experience required.
- Experience with ERP accounting software required; experience or working knowledge of PeopleSoft accounting software highly desirable.
- Experience working in a higher education setting preferred.
- Experience with preparation of excise, personal property tax returns and 1099s preferred.
- Payroll tax reconciliation experience preferred.
- Experience working with multiple corporate bank accounts, international and domestic wires and foreign currencies preferred.
If you are interested and meet these qualifications, please send your formation to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Becky at 425) 827-5111.