As a leading employment agency in the Greater Seattle area, we consult with some of the area’s top employers and most talented job seekers. As part of our efforts, we take a close look at local employment trends and outlooks. In this post, we take a closer look at the growing demand for IT professionals in Seattle, Kirkland and beyond.
One of the fastest growing and in-demand technical jobs in Seattle are for Systems Analysts. Systems analysts are tasked with studying the computer systems and the IT procedures of organizations and helping those organizations to develop systems that will operate more efficiently and more effectively.
Systems analysts typically must have a bachelor’s degree in an information science field, such as computer science. However, skills and job experience can sometimes substitute for educational qualifications. Systems analysts usually work within comfortable office environments, and often have the opportunity to build a lucrative and rewarding career. If you are good with computers and have the educational or professional background to be effective as a systems analyst, SmartTalent can help you to find great jobs in Seattle that are available now.
Systems Analyst Job Outlook in Seattle
The job market for systems analysts is growing in Seattle and nationwide. The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that systems analysts earn a median pay of $38.31 per hour, and a median annual salary is approaching $80,000 per year.
Systems analysts generally engage in a wide variety of job duties in the course of their workday, including:
- Working together with management to determine the role IT systems will play within an organization.
- Researching the costs and benefits of incorporating emerging technologies into an organization’s IT system.
- Presenting information on emerging technologies to management and making recommendations on adoption.
- Developing methods to make existing computer systems more functional and efficient.
- Designing and developing new systems from the ground up, including choosing and configuring hardware and software.
- Overseeing the customization and installation of new systems for end users.
- Training end users and writing systems instruction manuals.
When working as a systems analyst, you have ample opportunity to be creative and to become an integral part of an organization. Career opportunities are available now where you can put your talent to use.
SmartTalent can provide assistance finding outstanding jobs in Seattle for qualified candidates. When you are eager to start an exciting new position at a company in Seattle, WA that will value your skills and will provide opportunities for a rewarding career with room to grow, SmartTalent will help you to find the right position. While you can always search our current job openings in Seattle, please keep in mind that positions can change daily. Be sure to check back frequently and sign-up for our job alerts to be notified of positions that match your skills and interests.